Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Check out my blog background!!


This is what I look like 20 weeks preggo! And this is what I see daily...

And this is what's inside of that tummy...


This is the Baby's Foot!


This is the Baby's profile, and you can see the spine and the heart.


Well today was the day we found out that we are having a BABY GIRL!!! If you couldn't tell by my blog background...I now get to use girly stuff with the color pink involved. In the past I could only use pink if it was like Valentines Day, but now I'm having a girl and the number of boys vs. girls is equal in our household!


She was a shy and very modest little girl today. It took us forever to get a positive...Yes it's a Girl! She had her legs crossed Indian style. Her face was even covered with her hands! BUT she did wave to us and we got to see her yawn/take a drink (not sure what she was really doing, but it was the cutest thing I've seen in a while)!!


Patrick and I are so happy! The lady who did our U/S said that we are the parents who many other parents hate, because we are lucky and will have both a boy and a girl! I'm super excited to get going on the new room for her and I said to Patrick that we are in trouble, because it is so hard to pass the baby section in the store and not buy all the ADORABLE girl stuff! It was hard enough when I just had Porter( yeah I know he's a boy!) That's how hard it is to pass up the girl stuff!
I also told patrick that now he needs to buy me a sewing machine, because i've been wanting to learn to sew the past year, but never had anything to sew, but now... i'll get to do lots of stuff for a girl!
Anyway, we feel super blessed and are really excited to have a little girl in our home in just a few short months( b/c we all know time flies) We think Porter will just eat her up when she gets here and be super sweet and loving to her!

7 comments:

Micah-n-Holly said...

I will have to say that GIRLS ARE AWESOME!! You will love having a little daughter, so precious and cute! And you are right, Porter will just eat her up and be so gentle and loving to her!! Can't wait for more updates!! Congratulations!!

Janell R. Cropper said...

Skye, I'm so excited for you! When are you due? We just found out on Friday that we also are expecting a baby girl! I am due on January 8. You look FANTASTIC for being 20 weeks already!

Crysany said...

Congratulation Skye!!! That is wonderful news!! oh and by the way...... you look like your arent even prego at all!! COngrats again!!

Abbie said...

Congrats Skye!!!!

Elise said...

I'm so excited for you!! Kinda sad I have to hear about it from your BLOG, but I can't believe you're having a GIRL!!! Congratulations!!

Holley and Brandon said...

Brandon told me your news when you text him but I wanted to say Congrats! I'm so excited for you- it will be so fun to have a little girl. Plus I'm extra happy cause that's what I put on the lottery :)

Eagar Fam said...

So Fun, congrats! We are excited for you guys.
We had our ultra sound couple weeks ago, but we didn't find out so we don't know if it's a girl or a boy. I am hoping for a sister for Brookie, but Jon seems to think it's a boy...I guess we will find out soon enough. I am excited we are having a surprise...we can do that because it's baby # 4 and probably our last.