Monday, August 24, 2009

Taste the Rainbow


Sunday evening we had a nice rain storm pass through Logan. As I was getting ready to unload the dishwasher I looked out the window and saw the color of the sky and said "Oh there has to be a rainbow out" Sure enough I looked and it was acutally a double rainbow that you could see from one side to the other! I thought it was so GORGEOUS! So I had to take a picture

This is our little Leprechaun at the the end of the rainbow! He definitely holds quite a bit of treasure!

Then just for those of you that care, Sunday was the 2nd year anniversary of my Dad's passing. The year my Dad died from the 10 days he was in the hospital there were a lot of thunderstorms. And I remember my last conversation with him I told him how much I miss Virginia thunderstorms and I talked to him about the lesson he taught me of prayer when I was just a little girl, because I was afraid of the thunderstorm. Anyways , long story short, last August between the day my dad entered the hospital and the day he died I saw yet again rainbows after the storms which took place. And yet again, this second year I saw a double rainbow the year marking day when he had his stroke and then the year marking day of his death! I just think that is super neat and it helps me remember my dad and that last conversation I had with him! I guess you could say that to me Rainbows, especially double rainbows are Special!

2 comments:

Elise said...

I love you. I miss your dad and I was actually just thinking about him earlier today. One of my student's dad had a heart attack and they say he's going to pass away soon. I'm so bad at situations like this and I wish I could've been there for you more during that time. I just don't know what to do, ya know? Anyway, I miss you tons.

Merry Brooke said...

I think that is just great Skye. I love your family so much and know that I was thinking about y'all.