Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Frog Prince

Funny story! Last night I went over to my neighbors to watch a movie and I came back home and both Patrick and Porter were asleep in bed. So I got ready for bed in our extra bathroom and did my nighttime routine. As I was coming out of the bathroom and stepped into the hall way I found something that the first time I found it about 6 months ago I screamed bloody murder! But this time I knew Patrick was the only one to save me and he was sleeping and it wasn't a life or death situation..so.. I just screamed with my mouth closed and hoped nobody heard!
Yes it was a FROG!!!
I don't know why I'm so afraid of them, I just am! So I walked behind it watching it's every hop until I knew I could get around it and trap it so Patrick could get it out of the house for me in the morning. This is what I did. I put a 8 x 8 glass dish over it and then realized it was glass so if Patrick didn't know to look for it, he would hit it and the frog would get let free in the morning. So I put the chair over that with a note that says " Look Out FROG!" Then on the glass dish I put a note that says "GET OUT OF HOUSE! THANX!"


Well, turns out when I came into bed, Patrick was awake and heard my closed mouth scream, so he knew I was not anywhere near calm enough to go to sleep. According to him he could feel my vibes and it was keeping him up! So he asked me what would help me and I said the only thing that is gonna help me is to know for SURE that there aren't a dozen frogs hopping around in my house, and to get that frog out!
My sweet husband got out of bed and Checked every little corner and under sheets and towels and clothes that were on the floor. I swear if he looked for his lost keys and wallet like he looked for those frogs last night, I would never be bothered again with him asking me where those things were! He was SO AMAZING! I know not many men would really really put the effort into checking the house like he did last night! Anyways... It helped! I was asleep within 10 minutes after he got back in bed.
My only question is...WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO BE THE ONE WHO FINDS THE FROG HOPPING IN OUR HOUSE, BY MY FEET???
so not fair!
THANKS SWEETIE!
p.s.--I took this picture AFTER Patrick got the frog out of the house!
I realized I prolly over reacted! But when you get those panic feelings
you can't necessarily control everything!

1 comment:

Elise said...

I am the exact same way with spiders. I detect them in a room as soon as I get inside. And I can never sleep if I know there's one in the room or even if there's a dead one in the room.