Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bunk Beds

Patrick and I decided we wanted to make Bunk Beds! We mulled over the decision to just buy a toddler bed for Porter or a regular twin for him to move to next. We decided that we should just skip the toddler bed for now and put him in a twin. We felt the toddler bed was kind of a waste of money for us. So I thought we should make bunk beds for when family comes to visit there is another bed, plus why not...we will have more than one kid to put into a twin at some point!

SO...I looked online for bunk beds that I liked that we could possibly make for ourselves and once I found the PERFECT one, Patrick put together all the measurements and figured everything out for how to make this work just for us and to our personal liking! BOY did he do an amazing job!
Patrick and Dad spent a lot of time working on these beds and they did a TeRRRific Job! It took about a total of about 5 days to get these suckers completed! One night we had everyone, Mom, JD, Myself, Patrick and Dad all out in the Garage Sanding down the wood!

This was the last day of them working on the beds! Making sure everything was just right!
And here they are COMPLETED, put together in the bedroom with bedding on them!
They are such sturdy beds! A 7 year old could jump on them and they wouldn't budge! The men did a great job building them! The color could have been a little bit more cream to our liking, but they still look great and it's a bed!

As soon as we got the bed together Porter hopped up there and started jumping and then would lay down and rest on the pillow! HE KNOWS that is HIS bed! He even came and looked out the end of the bed like it was a little window just for him! I'm so proud of Patrick and Dad and all their hard work they put into the beds! I LOVE the beds and am excited to get to work on the rest of the room. I was so impatient with the building process, because I wanted them to be done and in the room so I could visualize it and start figuring out the rest. Thank you ALL who helped with the beds and helped with Porter while Patrick worked and I was lazy! We appreciate all of your time and talents put into this beautiful project!

1 comment:

Janell R. Cropper said...

Skye, those look SOO awesome! I bet Darrell would love to do something like that. so awesome!