Sorry It's taken me a while to get pictures of our Christmas break up, but you know...we got back from our christmas and 2 days later I was in the Hospital having a baby!So Anyway-Our christmas was wonderful! We were able to spend time with both families. We spent time before Christmas with my mom! We opened our presents the first day we were there with her. I fought it and fought the idea of opening presents that early, but it was for a good reason. We tried to get Porter to be interested in opening presents, but he still doesn't understand the whole present opening concept yet. But, My Mom gave him a cleaning set!!! He played with the broom, the iron and the little hand vacuum all christmas break. Then for the reason to open presents early was--she gave me a SEWING MACHINE!! And I needed her expert advice while shopping for things to go with the machine. I was also able to sew Kinley's curtains while we were down there.
Then Christmas Eve we drove up to the Munson abode. We had a wonderful night of playing games and what really made it feel like christmas to me was watching the nativity video! Then we woke up in the morning and opened presents with family! Porter got so excited at one point that he started grabbing presents throwing them up in the air! Some of his favorite gifts were the Slinky, his digital camera and he has learned to love his kitchen set! Oh and we can't forget his ELMO slippers. Patrick got some weights and a Roger Federer Hat!! I got a beautiful Watch!
In short...it was a wonderful Christmas and we enjoyed being with family!
The week after Christmas we went up to Bear Lake and had a blast with The Munson family and Kelsey's friend Jean. While we were up there we did lots of crafts, movie watching, game playing and playing in the snow! We took Porter out in the snow to play for his first time and we even got him sledding down a tiny hill all by himself!! He had so much fun and didn't want to come back in for lunch! One day he got going so fast down the hill he ended up being thrown at the bottom and getting face washed by the snow! That was not so fun for him. Here are our PROUD pictures of him and how he did such a good job of coming out of his comfort zone and doing something new!


This is our Snow-Woman that we built! It was perfectly round and everything! We used a bee hive for the hair! REally COOL!
While up in Bear Lake we celebrated NEW YEARS! I asked Jean if they have any fun traditions that they do in France on New Years and he told me that they count the new year in with the last 12 seconds and every second they shove a grape in their mouth! Well I thought that would be fun to try and so we were going to do it, but we got distracted and lost track of time. So I did it shortly AFTER the clock turned 12. Nobody wanted to join me so I was the loner who looked like a fool shoving her face with grapes! I think we'll introduce this tradition into our home to spice up the New YEars Eve party for our own little family! Even if I do it by myself every year! Hope you enjoy the picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment