Friday, October 2, 2009

Grown up Toddler, Not a Baby Anymore

I've been trying to be a better parent and not let the TV babysit my kid. So one day I decided Porter, lets color! We colored and then I thought what could we do tomorrow? hmm.... that's a wonder, I'm not creative enough. Then while I was on my walk I decided OH we could make play dough! My mom has a peanut butter play dough recipe and I thought PERFECT! Then if he eats it it won't kill him! Well after much thought I decided that by making the play dough it won't harm him much and I'd rather he taste the nasty stuff and learn NOT to eat it than to think YUM and eat it, because many of you know that Porter will eat anything that tastes yummy that is in front of him!
So I made this the other day and thank goodness, because he would NOT take a nap, so I pulled the play dough out. Of course he took a few bites, but learned soon that it's not food. He LOVED it so much he sat there and played for 1 whole hour! It was wonderful! I think I like play dough as much as he does now!

No comments: