Tuesday, March 2, 2010

February 2010 Recap

This month for us has been full of health problems. It started out with Skye, Porter and Kinley all getting really runny noses and being pretty congested. We took Kinley into the Dr one day after she'd been suffering from symptoms of a cold for a full week  and I was getting worried. I had read in the Parenting Magazine that RSV can look like a common cold, so I really started to get scared. Of course once we got into the Dr. my motherly instincts KNEW all was well and she was A.O.K. It's not at all in her lungs, she's eating great and from her weight gain which jumped a whole 3 lbs in 3 weeks showed us she's doing fine.After the whole month went by and Porter was showing no improvement, and started to cough I decided to call the Dr. to see if there were any medicines we could give him. Once I said he'd been sick for 3 weeks they said let's get him in here. So We took him into the Dr and they determined that Porter had an ear infection and gave us some medicine to get him better! Kinley on the other hand is doing really well and has seemed to overcome the battle of the cold. 
Also to add to health issues; Patrick has been playing church ball lately and I kid you not when I say he has come home every saturday with some part of his body injured in one way or another. Luckily it hasn't been anything too serious. The most damage done has been to his back, of course, and that takes a toll on him for a few days. It's been fun going to watch his games and supporting him. Porter sure loves to go and cheer for his Daddy! "YES!!" 
Also this month Patrick taught the Relief Society Activity. The topic being on budgeting. He did a Wonderful job! All the women came up to me and told me what a good job he did and how grateful they are for his teaching them new things. Some key points he taught were to number one PRAY as a couple before you talk budget and finances! He taught how we need to gain a testimony of keeping our finances straight and budgeting. He gave tips and told women about a few resources they could use to help them.  It was awesome! 
As we all know February is the month we celebrate Valentines Day. Patrick and I never really go all out and do things big for each other. Mostly it's just dinner together and I love it! This year Mom and Dad and Kelsey came up to visit us that weekend. They watched the kids so Patrick and I could go out on a date! It was so nice to be together as a couple without the kids for a couple hours.  It was much needed! Patrick and I also got to go out on a date later that weekend. We went to the church and played basketball. We had fun with a few shooting games.  Then afterwards we went out to eat. We had Subway! It was  a wonderful time together AND cheap if you ask me! Sometimes the little things are better. Plus it helps to have  access to the church building! 
Last but not least an update on life  for the kdis in this house. Porter has been showing a lot of interest in his little sister, Kinley. He is always trying to pick her up when she is crying! Which he’s strong enough to get her legs and bum off the ground, but not strong enough to pick her up by himself which scares me! I have to remind myself that it’s a sweet thing and so cute that he’s trying to help and love her! So we’ve been trying to teach him that he needs to ask if he wants to hold her. It didn't really work on one occasion and he picked her up and because she's not strong enough to hold her own weight and she's so limp he dropped her. It was terrifying to me, but all in all he’s been doing a great job and holds her a couple times a day! It’s super sweet and tender! We as parents can see the immense love and bond our children have with one another! It's Adorable! 
Well, that's it for the month of February! Hope y'all enjoyed! Til next month! 
P.S. The pictures from this month are from the latest Posts I've put up! Plus the one up top of Porter and Kinley!! So don't hate me for not adding pictures to this post. Please!

No comments: