This month seems to have flown by for us! I honestly don't know where it went and how it went by so quickly!?! I guess I need to better prepare myself for the month of March each year and understand that OF COURSE it's going to be busy and fun filled with 3 birthdays in just our small family of 4!We celebrated Patrick's birthday by eating a nice dinner and then going to Hollywood video to pick out a free movie that we could watch. Patrick ended up picking Star Trek and it was a pretty good movie. Even for someone who isn't a treky(Sp?) We got back and I made Patrick blow out his candles and then open his present. I had made him some hot/cold rice packs for his sore "old" body. And he was able to go buy him some more clothes which he needed.
The next day was my birthday and we had plans since it was a friday night to make it a date night and go out to eat. Well our babysitter got sick and ended up not able to watch the kids. A lot of people have said OH bummer! But really it was the best thing ever! Why not celebrate your birthday with your family?!? I don't know just a crazy idea I guess! haha. Anyways...I had planned for us to go to Texas Roadhouse. We had never been there before and I was excited to go. So we ended up taking the kids and having a BLAST! Porter loved the atmosphere there and was getting up and dancing and he got a cool cowboy hat, also he loved the food! Patrick gave me a pampered chef rice cooker. I'm pretty excited for it! It cooks more than just rice. Imagine this...Baked Potatoes cooked to perfection in the microwave in 3 minutes? AMAZING!! I love it!
The next weekend we celebrated Porters 2nd Birthday. We didn't do much on his actual birthday. We just had some friends over and let Porter and his buddy Brayden play. We opened presents and had Ice Cream and we watched some March Madness games. For Porters birthday we got him a Tool set/ Work bench, a kite and some chalk to play with outside and some clothes.
We actually really celebrated Porters birthday when we had everyone up for Kinley's Baby blessing. We ended up turning it into a Birthday Blessings party. We blessed Kinley at the beginning of the month. Patrick gave her a wonderful blessing! After church we had a luncheon and had cake and ice cream plus opened some presents from other family members. It was so wonderful to have as many people as we did come and support us and enjoy in our celebration! Thanks to all who came!
This month also included well-child visits to the Doctor. Kinley had her 2 month visit and is almost 12 lbs. and 23 1/2 in. Both of which are the 80%. So she's a healthy happy baby! As for Porter. he is 30lbs and 36 12 in. He is in the 80% for weight and 90% for height. The doctor told us that Porter is getting his 2 year old molars which really explains a lot!
1 comment:
Skye!! I love these pictures. In the top right corner, Kinley totally looks like you! I love it. Makes me think of old pictures of the two of us together (thought of course, you were still older in those...).
Post a Comment