I love this time of year and the happiness it brings to people! I think that it's because it's the time when we truly think of others more than ourselves. I was driving home the other night and witnessed a family dropping gifts off on a doorstep and doorbell ditching them. I'm so overwhelmed by the love people show towards others this season. And you think of the economic struggles that people have had to deal with this year and yet they are still willing to GIVE. It simply amazes me how thoughtful people are. It makes me think of the book Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright.

It's about a family who saves their spare change and takes it to someone or a family on Christmas Eve. I just read the book this past November and loved it. I highly recommend it to those of you who have not read it.

I've Also been loving seeing the snow fall everyday for the past 4 days! Even though it hasn't been a down pour, there have at least been flurries and It just helps bring the Christmas spirit into my heart. I watch the neighborhood kids go out and play in the snow and neighbors shovel each others walks. It reminds me of my childhood sledding and having hot chocolate when I come inside and put my feet up by the fire. This is a picture of the first and only snowman Patrick and I have ever built! The next morning it looked like this...

I guess it was too tall for it's own good...and in the wrong place. We must have forgotten that snowmen melt in the SUN! Nonetheless we had lots of fun the night before building it together!
As for this time of year...this friday coming up is special because......our friends Matt and Kenzie are moving up to Logan and will be living in our neighborhood. In fact everyday I look out our front door/windows and I can see their backyard! I'm so excited for them to be here! I'm just hoping and praying that their move goes well with the weather the way it's been lately!
Anyway... After this whole long blog that i've written I wish you all a
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
and a Happy New Year!
4 comments:
Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family, Skye! LOVE the gigantic snowman, by the way! Micah and I made just the opposite last winter it was the smallest snowman, but it was so Fun!
Hope you guys enjoy your first Christmas wiht Porter!!
If you want to see our blog sometime, just email me at vamissqt@yahoo.com and I will add you to the list!
sure, put pictures of mountain view and snow college to get me all nostalgic and stuff :) cute pictures!
Yeah, I remember when we had only Caleb and I was able to get all my shopping done early; enjoy it while you can! We heard you guys are coming down to stay for Christmas, we are excited to see you and your cute little guy. Be careful driving down it's supposed to snow.
ps- I love the snow too, it is a beautiful thing to see and really does bring out the spirit of Christmas.
I love Christmas Jars too!! Did you know that we grew up in Jason Wright's ward?!?! Also, I miss you tons! I loved hearing from y'all on Christmas Eve. That really is one of my favorite parts of Christmas - hearing from y'all and singing together. Love you!
Post a Comment