Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sewing Projects

Well I've been very into sewing and making things lately. So in my spare time, that is if I ever find any I've been sewing these things.


The pillow ideas I got from Make it and Love it blog found here. It took some time and some of my own tweaking to make it work for me. And Yes! the fabric didn't come like that. I sewed every single  pleat in those pillows. Patrick thought the fabric came that way.

The capes were  a genius idea of mine. The past month or so Porter has been walking around the house saying "That was INCREDIBLE!" I found it adorable of course that a 3 year old was using that word. Then one night he said "Mom, I like you!" Then I said " I like you too! I think you are amazing.. NO! I think you are INCREDIBLE!" If only you could have seen his face when I told him I thought he was incredible. His eyes and mouth got wide with excitement! Then a couple of days ago we had the same conversation and the thought came to my mind.. OH! I could make him a cape like an INCREDI-BOY cape. I told him my idea and he loved it. He said "Let's make it right NOW!" of course it took me about a week to get around to it. And now that I've made them... he's not so interested in wearing it. He just enjoys looking at it and talking about is Incredible Porter Boy Cape! Too funny.  And as for Kinley's hers is the "Special K" cape and  she just does whatever Porter does, when they wear them and whatever he is doing while they wear them.
Anyways I'm pretty proud of myself. I'm getting to the point where if I see something that needs mending I think "I can fix that!" then I'm ready and excited to tackle the project. When I used to think.. I don't know if I could fix that.. maybe I'll try someday.

No comments: