Tuesday, October 4, 2011

September 2011


Well I've already posted about how we started our month off with Porter going to Preschool. But for the rest of this month we still stayed busy. Towards the beginning we enjoyed a nice Christensen Family Reunion at the Heber Valley Camp. It was wonderful to be able to spend time and visit with family, get caught up on whats going on in each others lives, sing, dance and act like complete fools together! Many of you who know my family are nodding your heads as you understand what my family is like and probably visualizing all the silliness that goes on. Brandon saved our lives and brought a blow up bouncy house! The kids LOVED it! Porter especially, because he noticed it was a TRAIN bouncy house! We did the swing while we were there which actually was AWESOME! Patrick even did it! But while swinging he yells to me "X-nay on Lagoon-A" so he got scared, but survived and was proud he did it! As I mentioned in the August 2011 post I was in charge of planning some minute-to-win- it games that we could play. We all had lots of fun doing that and once again laughing at each other as well as encouraging and cheering each other on. All of us agreed we enjoyed the "Nosedive" game the most! Go Ryland and Boston! Hilarious!  No pictures... but lots of video taken.
The next weekend Patrick and I worked on our storage room. We built some shelves and tried to organize that, yet didn't finish in time so it ended up creating a big mess in our living room. No problem though. I'm just getting around to breaking down all the boxes and cleaning that last mess up! :) It feels really good to have some of those shelves finished!
Then the next weekend we enjoyed a WONDERFUL night out with my siblings. My mom for Christmas last year bought all us kids and our spouses tickets to go see Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat at Hale theater. We dropped the kids off at Mom and Dad Munsons and had a really fun time at the show. I'm still humming and singing the music around the house. After the show we went and got Ice Cream, talked and had fun hanging out as a family. It was sooo nice!! I noticed I hadn't stayed out that late in a LOOONG time. We got home at like 11:30. The way having kids changes your life. We missed Corbin and Jess, Brandon and Holley, and Stenson who so thought the BYU game was more important(haha). Wish they could have been there. I also wish I would have gotten a picture of all of us! oh well...
I also really enjoyed the  general Relief Society meeting. I went by myself this year. Thought It would be GREAT because then I'd be able to really just sit in my own thoughts and not have to worry about talking to anyone or entertaining certain comments. With that said Yes I did enjoy it, yet I can also see how sisters if not fellowshipped and befriend can feel little and unnoticed. Over all I really enjoyed the talks. President Uchtdorf ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS blows me away! His talk really was Awesome. Earlier that day patrick and I had been trying to decide certain thing we want to do with our yard. Thinking what kind of bushes and flowers to put here and there. So that night I came home and I said... "Patrick, I want some Forget me nots".
 The last two days of the month we had an awesome time. The first started out with a really fun preschool field trip to Carver's Petting Zoo. We got to see lots of animals, feed some animals. Porter got to ride a horse and feed it an apple. It was so cute to watch him. He really wanted to do it, but was really nervous. so he said I want to watch ALL the people do it first, then I'll do it. So he watched about 5 of the kids go and then he said MOM! I want to do it! So we decided it was his turn. we better take the chance while he's ready and willing before it's too late. He did it and when he got back he said MOM! I just held on REALLY tight! Such a brave kid and he was so proud of himself. Kinley really wanted to ride, but was scared. SHE LOVES Horses.
Lucky for Kinley, our friends invited us the next day to go ride their brothers ponies and their horse. We got there and those ponies were sooo cute! The kids were a little timid at first. Then after watching the other kids do it and then getting on the big horse with dad they realized it was fun and all they wanted to do was ride the ponies. We took turns of one kid riding and the other leading and walking the horse around. Patrick became a pro and was trotting all around! He even went over the bridge! It was a really fun night that we enjoyed and thought was SUPER great for the kids. 

No comments: