So I know I've been Way LAME on blogging lately! But life for us has been really flipped upside down. Not that's it's super busy but, everything involved has made it hard for me to post anything on here. Prolly mostly because of the Lack of Motivation to tell you all how lame life is right now! haha No! I shouldn't be saying that! This month has been full of GREAT things in our lives, but change can be difficult to cope with sometimes.
Well so we moved toward the end of December, so therefore a lot of this month has been with getting situated in our new home. We were pretty much all unpacked by New Years Eve, which was nice. All was out of boxes and getting ready to be put in its place. Which is what I've been doing this month, trying to give a place for everything and finding out what works best for us in this home. My mind has been going CRAZY with decorating ideas, which are now totally confused and by the time we'll be able to do something with the house I'll have a bagillion ideas to pick from and won't be able to make up my mind. Its also a good thing though, because I'm able to really think about what I'll like best. Nothing has been hung on walls yet, no decor is set up, because we are planning on painting and we figure we might as well wait til that is done to put some holes in the walls!
Speaking of the home we have painted ONE room. And it is really seriously the ONLY room in this home that has been touched with any sort of decorative hand. We painted Porters room, because I knew exactly what I wanted to do in that room, so we chose to start there. Porter LOVES his room! We haven't quite finished with hanging things on the walls yet in his room, but the painting is done! While we were painting it he would always say "I like the Green one and the Blue one!" So cute! When we finished I realized we just add some red (which I'm intending on doing) and it will be kind of like a Thomas the Train room! And then Patricks cousin Alex came to visit and he called it a Buzz Lightyear room. Either way Porter would be happy! I mean Porter is totally fixated with his Thomas, but he also really likes Toy Story.
Also this month we celebrated Kinleys 1st Birthday! She is growing up so fast. It really has flown by this past year. I very strongly remember the emotions and feelings I was going through the day we had her, as if I were back in the very hospital, in that very bed, in that very room on that VERY day. She is definitely teaching us things Porter hasn't! Though they are very similar they are also very much two completely different persons with different personalities. Porter was our cautious one. Kinley, though cautious at the start, doesn't take long to get into LOTS and boy does she give us trouble while at church! She is the noisiest little 12 month old you have ever heard! Our little terror, which gets Porter into doing things he has never done or considered of even thinking of doing!
She is learning some words now and can say "ball" and "dada". I'm also convinced she can say Porter "Powrah" She squeals and giggles and screams and whines and cries and is starting to learn the hitting thing already! She also CHOWS down on any food you give her. She is a GREAT AMAZING little eater, which we know at some point will change. We love her to death. And as I've talked her up to being this little spaz with attitude, she is also the most sweet and loving thing on the planet. She sees her dolls and will hug and kiss and sing to them She will cuddle you and love you at any given moment. She squeals with excitement when you go to get her from her crib. She wiggles and moves that little body of hers in anyway possible when she hears a beat of music. And she is the sun to all of us flowers in this home! We soak every ounce we can get of her in!
For her birthday we didn't do much because its a week after Christmas and she is only 1 years old, she doesn't know the difference. So we decided we'd hold off on gifts and wait to get her stuff for the summer time instead. But we did do the whole cake thing. We did it twice. The first time here at our place on New Years Eve, and the second at my brother Corbin's house while the whole family was together for Hudson's Baby blessing. Porter was so into it! He was blowing out her candle for her and licking every bit of frosting he could get! She wanted to touch the fire but we didn't really let her. As soon as her finger got into the flame I blew it out so it wouldn't burn her. Then she daintily started scooping frosting with her finger and licking it off, and soon she dove into the cake with her face. I guess she decided why get my hands dirty, I'll just use my mouth! It was so ADORABLE!
Patrick is enjoying this month of easing into Tax season and learning the Audit side of things here at his new job. He loves the environment and the people he works with. He was also called into the Young Mens Presidency here in our new ward. Funny story actually...he had been sustained before our first Sunday there in our ward! Not to mention the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric in our wards name is Patrick MOnson. So Patrick is well known in our ward! Nobody has forgotten his name at least. We also spoke in our ward and that helped a lot of people get to know us quickly, though we are still fighting hard to get to know everyone else. Its tough I tell ya!
I'm fighting everyday to try and stay sane with 2 little ones and being locked up in an undecorated home in the winter time and not really knowing anyone. Life is great, but I see myself getting down often and I have to remind myself of all the blessing I have. And then I also tell myself to get out of the house and take the kids to the library. So I do! Then I also get myself all worked up in a frenzy and just go crazy cleaning the house. That's another thing about a real legit home is that now that we have doubled the square footage of our living space, my time of cleaning has been tripled! (uck..right?!!) I know I know! But It gives me something to do, which is one of the biggest reasons I'm so behind on blogging. So forgive me please!
That is pretty much all that has happened this month... and wait a few more weeks (I guess) for February's update. Lots on this month I'm sure that won't disappoint!

1 comment:
Glad to see you are still alive! haha Its good to hear how you are doing! We still need to come and see your place!
Post a Comment