Saturday, April 25, 2009

Family Fun!

Last week we had family visit us. It was great to have Jenae and Aaron and their 6 kids come visit us! I know I know...most of you who have seen my house are thinking where did they sleep? How did you fit that many people in your house? Well... The kids LOVE couches, floors and sleeping bags! It's one big sleepover and we had a BLAST! When they came Cardon watched the younger kids while Nae, Aaron, Mirae, Patrick and I went to the temple and did Baptisms. Which was awesome because we haven't been able to do that in a long time! Then we came back and the Merrills have history in this part of the state, so they went to a cemetary and of course visited Gossners Cheese Factory and got squeaky cheese! Then when porter woke from his nap we met them up at the temple and they told stories to their kids about Meriner Wood Merrill who was the first temple president of the Logan temple and one of the 12 apostles at the same time. He is a relative I'm not sure how closely related...i'm thinkin like Aarons Great Great Grandfather(?) Anyways the stories were really neat and the spirit was felt so strongly while we were there. It was great to see how their family spent their little trip and focused on family history and gospel principles.
Porter Looking out on the Town from the Temple! He sure knows how to pick the beautiful things!
Then we went and had some FUN!! We went to a restaurant called the BlueBird and it was started as a candy place by a Cardon. Which was neat because that's where Cardon's name came from. It was a funny story because Cardon was saying how hungry he is and a kids meal wouldn't work for him then the plates came out and he saw the burgers and frys on those plates and said nevermind! We laughed so hard! Those burgers were so big...Lauren and Elle decided to try and flaten them so they could fit in their mouths!Porter sure enjoyed having them come! He got to be with his cousin Josh who is just 1 year older than him. He followed josh around and Josh got mad at him when he would play with a toy that he wanted! It was lots of fun! Porter grew and learned a lot with all the kids here!
All in all we had a GREAT time with them and loved having visitors! We don't get many, so it was a treasure to have them come!

2 comments:

Kacie said...

That is so fun Skye, Oh how I miss Logan. I would move back there in a heartbeat. Oh and BlueBird was my favorite place to eat at there, But I always order a half meal because they are huge! Tell your cute family I say hello. Lucky.

Elise said...

I want to be a visitor sometime! Honestly, we were practically planning on coming up during Spring Break (MY Spring Break, since Andrew doesn't have one). So I was planning to call you and then Andrew came home way sad and told me about a scheduled final he had that Saturday at 7am. I was SOO disappointed. He surprisingly was too. He really wants to come up! Anyway, this is a lot longer than I planned, but we'll come up - we HAVE to. I miss you, love you, and need to see you soon!