I've already told you about Kinley's birthday! She is definitely a 2 yr old now!
![]() |
| They taught the kids to Stop! Drop! and Roll! And to crawl out of the building ! |
![]() |
| Sitting in the ambulance! He was a little nervous at this point! |
![]() |
| Actually got him to sit in the Firetruck!! So Brave! |
Porter had a really neat preschool field trip to the fire station! He was so excited to go! He kept telling me he was going to be brave and he was really excited to see the fireman come down the pole! Of course while we were there Kinley freaked out and was totally scared and when I went to take care of her so others could hear the tour...Porter got nervous and wanted to stay by me the whole time. Needless to say my kids were chickens and wimps and cried while I MADE them get close to the firetrucks and see the lights flashing and all that stuff that I thought was SOOO cool! I understood Kinley's point of view but Porter was old enough he should know everything was neat and awesome there! Oh well!
![]() |
| Kinley's coat isn't the one Grandma gave her, At this time it was just a little too big! Now she's out of this one and into her new one! |
Patrick has been putting his woodworking skills to use and has built us a closet organizer shelves for the toy room! A much needed project that I'm happy is finally over with. All I have to do now is go and organize the toys and put them where I want them.
We've been adjusting to the life of having Dad gone a little more for bishopric things. And things have changed a little at his work with schedules and such. I'm anticipating the time when work really hits him and he has to start staying later and working saturdays. I know it is just around the corner for us.
I taught an Etiquette night for combined Young Mens/Young Womens one mutual night this month. I was nervous about it, because there is so much you can teach and you don't know what might be too simple for one kid and yet way over the top for others. So I kept it simple had fun with it and I think the kids really enjoyed it! They were laughing and asking questions! For once in my life when I was up infront of the youth teaching I actually felt like I was the only leader in there and all that mattered were those kids. They felt like they were anxious to learn and have fun with me! So I felt good about it! And I have to say most of it was a success because of 2 people. 1- my husband for brainstorming with me and helping me put it all together. and 2- my sister Jenae for letting me borrow her buzzer set! The kids loved being able to play the game and hit the buzzer.
I've also had 2 Doctors appointments. I'm 14 weeks along with this pregnancy and finally getting my energy back. The doctor asked if I wanted to try and find out what the gender was last week and he took a stab at it, but he wasn't sure enough to give me a good solid answer. The kids are really getting into it and understanding more and more each day that there is a baby in moms tummy. Kinley is getting good at practicing being a big sister with her dolls. She has a doll that makes sounds and it cried yesterday and she got the most sad worried look on her face and said.."Dad! She's crying! AWWW!" She gave the baby a hug and kiss and tried to take good care of it. She is for sure going to be involved and a great little helper to mom!







No comments:
Post a Comment