Friday, December 10, 2010

November 2010

This month of November has really been a busy busy month for us! To start off , I got back from tending my sisters kids and Kinley finally started to crawl! So we now have a little one on the move. But its a good thing because I need her to be able to move around and do what she wants while I'm packing. Yes I said packing because also this month we went house hunting and found one, so we will be moving shortly.
We are moving because Patrick accepted a job in Ogden, UT to continue in the field of accounting. This new firm is a little bit smaller but he has much more opportunity to do more than just the tax side of things and he has room to grow here in this new firm. Also did I mention what a great atmosphere he will be working in..?? This firm starts all of their meetings with a prayer! I can't share with you just how good we feel about this opportunity, we know it's what the Lord wants us to do!
So this month we accepted the job offer and started house hunting. We started on Thursday and found a house on Saturday and our offer was accepted Tuesday. Interest rates dropped on Thursday and went back up a week later. We were so blessed in this whole process! It is amazing how The Lord has been guiding and blessing us. There is no way of denying it.  It is such Bitter Sweet feelings we have. It is really scary to commit to buying a home and completely uprooting your whole family and changing every aspect of their life. Leaving all the good that we have here in Logan. Leaving our first home, the one we started our family in and brought 2 children home to. Leaving the wonderful amazing people that we have come to love so dearly and all of those bonds and relationships it took us 3 years to build. Yet buying our very own home that we can paint walls in and really establish ourselves in is an enormous blessing we have come to realize is something The Lord is giving us that will continue to bless our lives and make us happy.
Also this month we celebrated a few things. #1- the house hunt. #2- Patrick passing his 3rd section of the CPA exam. And #3-Thanksgiving. We started Thanksgiving week off with buying us a van. Yes I'm driving what I call the Swaggon Wagon(A.K.A Swagger Wagon-with out plagerizing because I don't drive a Sienna). It's a Chrysler Town and Country Limited Edition that we had to swallow our Pride and take it because of the amazing deal it was. Then we celebrated Turkey day with the Munsons.
We really enjoyed our time with family and loved strengthening our bonds with those we love! We are so grateful for all our blessings! There is a hymn called Count Your Many Blessings and in the lyrics it says to count them one by one. I believe that we have so many it is nearly impossible to count them one by one.
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.

Oh and how could I forget! We also enjoyed the first LEGIT snow fall of the year. Porter and I went out and played in the snow and soon after we were out there his neighborhood friend came out and joined him. They had fun falling in the snow and making seat in the snow as well as eating the snow. We built a snowman and the kids threw the head off and started eating the body of the snow man! It was really cute and I think they had a fun time!

2 comments:

Merry Brooke said...

This sounds like really exciting stuff is happening for your family! I'm so happy for y'all. I love the picture of Kinley with Patrick on the couch. ADORABLE. She's so cute Skye!

Brock&Chan said...

Awwww, I have so many mixed feelings about this! We are really going to miss you guys so much! You have been such amazing neighbors! We love you! But your new house looks so cute, and we're excited for you guys to start your new adventure! I hope we can still see each other on occasion! Lots of love! ~Chantel & Brock