Thursday, October 23, 2008

We Got Callings!!

Patrick and I have been callingless for about 7 months. Ever since We had Porter. I know crazy, but when we left our ward and headed for Salt Lake this summer it was pretty obvious we wouldn't have callings for the summer. Then we came back and we never got callings. We waited and waited...Then... we find out that our ward was being split and it's been about 3 weeks since we've been in our new ward and Patrick and I just got set apart to our callings last night.
Patrick has been called to be the 14-18 year old sunday school teacher. He had the same calling when we lived in Ephraim and he enjoyed it, so he's excited to be doing it again! I told him he has to get to know the 14-15 year old girls really well! He asked why and I said BABYSITTING! So I'm really excited for his calling!
I also am excited for my calling! I have been called to be the Compassionate Service Leader! If any of you know what that intales you know that i'm going to be a busy woman! At first I felt pretty overwhelmed a bit nervous because I didn't know what to expect. But then the sunday I got called into the calling and talked to the R.S. President I know that I can do this. I told Patrick I wanted a Calling that I could get to know the people in our ward! Well... I guess you can say with this calling I'm gonna get to know the people in our ward really really well! So I'm way excited and a little nervous, but I've got some great help from Patrick's Mom, who is also the Compassionate Service Leader of her Ward!(Thanks Mom)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I like your blog and congrats on the new callings; I was the compassionate service leader for the ward before your Mom. You will definately get to know a lot of people, I can't think of a better or more rapid way than to serve in this calling. You'll be awesome!
When you get the chance, take a look at our family's blog: eagarfive.blogspot.com
Happy blogging! Tanya.

Josh and Maddi Andersen said...

Skye your baby is SO cute!! I'm so glad I found your blog! You guys look like your doing great!! My blog is private so e-mail your e-mail address to maddiandersen@yahoo.com and I'll add you to mine! It looks like you guys are doing great! Oh and congrats on your new callings!!