Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to Dad!

My Dad... he wore the paper tie that I made him for Fathers Day!

My Dad is such a hunk!

He was also such a cute little boy.
my dad is only 10 months old in this picture.

It was my Dad's birthday today. He would have been 61 years old today! I've been thinking alot about him recently. I don't think I ever realized what a good friend he was of mine. I really could talk to him and tell him what i was truely thinking and feeling. He always looked out for me and wanted me to be happy. I also looked out for him by doing little things. Like, when we would sit down for dinner and everyone was done except him i would stay and keep him company after everyone left the table, or when he really wanted to play a game and we were trying to get the family rounded up to play...he would always be sitting at the table waiting alone patiently for everyone to come, i would go and sit with him and talk until everyone came. Then once I got married Dad did a lot to come around my place. I think this is when our friendship really became a good one! Patrick and I found joy in doing all we could to help dad- like when he needed help moving his parents stuff out of their house or telling him how to work the computer! By doing those things we were able to communicate with dad a lot and enjoyed his company. He did all he could to stop through Ephraim on his way to and from Utah County. He would take us out to lunch or even just stop by to say hi. What I enjoyed the most was when he would come to the games at snow to support patrick and we would sit and watch the game and enjoy being together! He always showed interest in the things I love most! I also miss his quirky moments of saying that he was Terriffic, or saying your a welchman if you don't marry a dutchman, or even the times when we would be watching a movie and a couple would kiss he would shout out " UH- CLOSE YOUR EYES". I miss his stories and telling all my friends hes been around since the earths crust cooled. I miss him telling me to Remember who I am and to Do my Best! I respected him so much for the man he was and how he held the priesthood, how he treated my mother-(oh and his), he loved our country and was so proud to stand and sing the national anthem at events, and his love for music-that i will always carry on.
I could go on and on about my father and what a great man he was but before this gets too long i'll just end it with:
He was such a good man--Everyone loved(s) him so much and he made a difference in everybodys life that he came in contact with. Something he strived for daily!

WE LOVE YOU DAD & MISS YOU SO MUCH!

8 comments:

Daddo said...

Happy Birthday Brent. We all miss you. Thank you for raising a wonderful daughter to be our daughter-in-law.
Kurt & Lori Munson

Daddo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KT2 said...

Great tribute Skye! I loved it so much - It reminded me to try to be a better daughter while my dad is still here! Love ya!

Gary said...

Happy Birthday sweet brother of mine. Skye, what a beautiful tribute to your Dad. He really was the greatest man ever wasn't he? And the impact he had on every one who knew him will live on forever and continue to make this world a better place. I love and miss him terribly!!

Anonymous said...

Skye, I love your dad so much. That was so sweet. I too miss him very much, and can't wait to see him again and just hear him say how "terrific" the next life is. Thank you for sharing your dad with me. I love you and him so much. Happy Birthday "uh-le Bwent!" I love you!

deb said...

Skye such a sweet tribute to your Dad. I am sure he loved you so much, just like we all do. You have wonderful memories of him that will be yours always. You and Patrick will make such wonderful parents because of the examples of both of your parents and because of the love you have felt and give to others.
Can't wait to meet Patrick Jr.
Love to all of you
Deb

Andrew said...

Skye I had no idea your dad had passed away. I'm so sorry. I remember him calling me in and giving me an interview in his living room. I'm sure he will be missed.

Devin and Elle said...

Hey i didn't know that your dad as passe away. I'm so sorry. But i can see you still have a good husband to help you through. well good luck with the baby. hope all is good!!